1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooting is so confusing which instructions to use

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by volsfan1965, Feb 6, 2011.

1. volsfan1965

volsfan1965 Lurker

OK I am starting from scratch. I have z4root i have droid2 bootstrap recovery.
    my phone says i have version 2.4.30 but the sbf file I have says 2.4.29 so do I have the right one.
    I have seen threads that tell me when I get an update I have to reroot some tell me I need rsd lite. there are so many instructions that as a newb to all this it is so confusing.
    what apps do I put on my phone what apps do I put on my computer
    what apps do I need for rooting\unrooting backing up and recoverying if I mess it up.
    apps that I can use after I root dont matter I just want to be ready when or if something happens to my phone after I root.
    Im sorry for all the questions but I am just so confused on what to do and when, what app to install and where. versions and apps and its frying my brain.lol

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast

To root all you need is Z4ROOT installed on your phone, press Permanent Root, and voila!

As a back-up make sure you have downloaded RSDLITE and the SBF file through the XDA Triple Threat thread (there's a link on the SBF thread in this same forum) and keep them handy once you decide to start experimenting with your phone's software.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews