• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting LG Optimus Net (LGL45C) Alternative Method?

FutureKix

Lurker
Oct 9, 2012
Hey I've wanted to root my mom's Android for a while now so I could remove the message that always pops up asking to register the device with the mobile provider. I had her buy it on clearance at Target so she could use it at home on WiFi, since it didn't have a contract and therefore she wouldn't have to buy service to go with it. Now, I need to root it because the touchscreen driver has somehow become corrupted. Is there any way to install this new OS or rooting program without using the method with enabled USB debuging? I can't get past the unlock screen, and I learned recently that holding the power, volume down, and home buttons when booting will load the standard Android booting screen thing where you can update from SD. If I could apply this patch or hack or whatever via SD update, then I wouldn't need to have touch screen abilities. I used the SD update method to root her and my tablets, and my Samsung smart phone is rooted in this way (although I haven't rooted it yet). I'm sorry for my lack of official or scientific terms, but I think you understand what I'm tiring to say. Any help would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones