• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting, maybe.

I think I'll hold off on that for now . I actually ran out of questions! I guess that means I have to read around more until I get confused again. I'm just looking for some more things I can do now that I'm rooted. I have wireless tethering, a custom boot animation, and I'm going to remove some useless apps next. Anything else that I could give a shot?

Upvote 0
Kopitar32 said:
Thanks, that clears things up a lot for me.

I was thinking about overclocking, but I don't know if I want to install a new kernel, can I use setcpu without a kernel?

go for one of the king's kernels...trust me. myself and others have seen dramatic battery life improvements using them.

the ability to use setcpu to clock down when the screen off alone makes it worth it. i took my phone off the charger at 100% full (via bump charge and battery stats wipe) at 3:30am last night, and went to bed. 6.5 hours later, i was still at 96%.

i'm using skyraider 2.5.2 w/ sense, w/ king's #3 kernel...but i also had great stability and battery life with #1 and #2.

Kopitar32 said:
I love this, I dont even want the official OTA anymore.

+1. unless it gives us some super ability that we don't currently have, i can't see myself going back for the ota...i'm content with my phone as it is right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones