• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Micromax A73----made easy

priyoc6

Lurker
Jun 21, 2012
1.download gingerbreak V1.2 and store it on your sd card
2.micromax a73 runs on android 2.3.5 after update
3.make sure you have sd card inserted
4.go to file manager to sd card and search for gingerbreak V1.2
5.click on the application...
6,it asks ,,,root phone

click on the root and wait

dont be panicked it takes more than 10 minutes ---it took for me,,,

wait for the reeboot.....

I flash recovery.img with SP Flash Tool and change Original to Clockworkmod 5.8.1.9 and fix permission and install zip in sdcard with Root-Superuser-unversal.zip

it work 100% for me

FYI. I use I-mobile i697 and this device is same like A73.

Can you upload the CWM Recovery and also make a backup of your ROM by CWM Recovery and upload both to mediafire and provide the link of that so that we can also have the CWM Recovery and the rooted backup.

Upvote 0
Please provide the link for this 5.8.1.9 recovery and are u sure it works for A73
I'm not sure that this method is success of A73 but I will you have this pic below

Micromax-A73.jpg

and This is my device I-mobile i697

imobile_i697i.jpg

it different of camera a73 is 2 Megapixel but I-Mobile i697 is 5 Megapixel

Upvote 0
I'm not sure that this method is success of A73 but I will you have this pic below

Micromax-A73.jpg

and This is my device I-mobile i697

imobile_i697i.jpg

it different of camera a73 is 2 Megapixel but I-Mobile i697 is 5 Megapixel

Ya it is same only the difference is of camera rest all the things are same so i think the CWM recovery what you have flashed on your phone should work on my phone also as if both have same specification except camera which i think is not a big issue as far as recovery is concerned. So please provide the CWM recovery and the download link for it i will try to flash it on my phone and if succeed then we can have the backup and after that we can have the Custom ROMs also as the Devs cant work untill they have atleast the Stock ROM. so please provide the CWM recovery.:)

Reactions: dkthai101
Upvote 0
Ya it is same only the difference is of camera rest all the things are same so i think the CWM recovery what you have flashed on your phone should work on my phone also as if both have same specification except camera which i think is not a big issue as far as recovery is concerned. So please provide the CWM recovery and the download link for it i will try to flash it on my phone and if succeed then we can have the backup and after that we can have the Custom ROMs also as the Devs cant work untill they have atleast the Stock ROM. so please provide the CWM recovery.:)

sorry for your keep waiting..

I upload CWM RECOVERY 5.8.1.9 below this link

Press

and my CMW Back up I will upload on tomorrow (my time in Thailand)

Sorry for keep your waiting again.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ya it is same only the difference is of camera rest all the things are same so i think the cwm recovery what you have flashed on your phone should work on my phone also as if both have same specification except camera which i think is not a big issue as far as recovery is concerned. So please provide the cwm recovery and the download link for it i will try to flash it on my phone and if succeed then we can have the backup and after that we can have the custom roms also as the devs cant work untill they have atleast the stock rom. So please provide the cwm recovery.:)
ผมคนไทยใช้รุ่นนี้เหมือนกัน สอนทำหน่อยครับ. I697

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones