1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting Milestone X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jacob34, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Jacob34

Jacob34 Lurker

I have a Motorola Milestone X. It's the same as the Droid X with Verizon. I have tried everything to overclock it and it simply won't overclock. I'm not exactly a newbie at this stuff, but I'm out of ideas. I have rooted it and everything, it won't overclock though. It's the Milestone X by Bluegrass Cellular. Also, I want Android 2.3.3 on it, so I wanna know if I can use a copy of the Droid X's Gingerbread update to put on it. Will that work? If not, how can I get gingerbread on it? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Grey1001

Grey1001 Android Enthusiast

3. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

As far as overclocking, if you are rooted look for Milestone Overclock on the market. it should do the trick up to 1.3Ghz.

Now for the GB update... is that a GSM or CDMA version? if it is CDMA, you might be able to, but don't hold me to that. you might check out the CyanogenMod options. you might be able to find a version of CM that is ported over to your MilestoneX

4. Jacob34

Jacob34 Lurker

I tried the Milestone Overclock. It said Milestone X not supported...=/

5. Jacob34

Jacob34 Lurker

And as for the CDMA or GSM. Everything says it should be GSM, but my network type on my phone does say CDMA-EvDo rev. A. So i suppose it is CDMA afterall

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews