1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting my gtab

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kimkgk, Feb 10, 2011.

1. kimkgk

kimkgk Member

I am sitting here poised to root my Gpad put in clockwork and flash a new ROM so I don't have to TnP anymore, can get some good apps and have this thing work better. Where are the best insructions or downloads to get started?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. calsnook

calsnook Newbie

Go to http://androidforums.com/gtablet-al...-rom-fix-market-update-flash.html#post2225439

I've been seeing your reluctunce to do it. NO FEAR! Solid Orange, and amr405o are awesome! I rooted and loaded VEGAn with their help, especially Orange! I have returned it to stock to return to Sears. I wanted this to replace my laptop, but the word processing apps aren't ready for primetime. SWYPE is: I like it so much i may get a Droid X or what looks interesting cuz I've been available for upgrade at Verizon for 2 years. I still have my first phone 4 years.

JUST DO IT, if this is what serves your purpose!! The education I got from the whole process is...PRICELESS!!

THANKS AGAIN SOLID ORANGE AND AMR405O!

xmr405o and kimkgk like this.
  3. kimkgk

kimkgk Member

I have gotten part way through - got clockwork on but got hung up on the tnt.rar file of all things. Will work on it tonight. Its either going to be rooted and modified or a smoking piece of molten cercuit boards by days end!!

4. calsnook

calsnook Newbie

Go to the "How to thread" and pick up where I got hung up after loading Clckwrk on. It took a bit of work, but find the thread where I believe amr405o, wasn't home and SolidOrange picked it up "I see the problem" response.

It was all smooth after that, got rooted with VEGAn.
    The positive energy is great here! I'll go abck and find the thread #.

kimkgk likes this.
  5. calsnook

calsnook Newbie

It's thread #44, pardon me SamuraiBIGed, for forgetting to acknowledge your help.

kimkgk likes this.
  6. kimkgk

kimkgk Member

I got tnt lilte up and running and fixed the market thanks to Orange I believe and his link to the video. Whole bunch of stuff to set up and look at now. Thanks for your help and all the posts. Amazing really.

7. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

another successfully rooted g-tab owner!

we should start some kind of official talley, lol. :cool:

kimkgk likes this.
  8. kimkgk

kimkgk Member

I seriously can't believe the difference in the performance. Videos work way better, UI 100 times nicer, app store great (ONCE FIXED VIA VIDEO PER LINK) etc etc etc. Thanks to everyone on this board. Clockwork a must - should come pre loaded (haha).