1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Rooting my HTC Sensation 3G phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rappy, Oct 17, 2011.

1. rappy

rappy Member
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Derby
    Hi there, I shall be rooting my HTC sensation this weekend, all the custom roms I see are for the 4G and not the 3G sensation, bit of a daft question here but will the custom roms be ok to use with my HTC Sensation 3G Phone?

Advertisement

2. ScottyPro

ScottyPro Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Washington, Tyne & Wear
    Where did you see the Custom Roms, was it over at XDA ?????
    if you look at the sigs of the posters in the thread relating to the Rom they usually list there phones, and the Roms they are running.

I'm still looking for a way to root mine on a Mac :mad:

3. Cleggy

Cleggy Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    UK
    Rooted and started flashing roms about 2 months ago and ive never had problems flashing '4g' roms, i have a european sensy 3g so shouldnt c any reason why it wont work for others

4. big_smurf

big_smurf Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    HM Forces
    Wales
    I have been looking into rooting my sensation and i understand nothing. All these terms such as flashing ROM and booting mean nothing, i may have developed a new class of super noob. I have looked at the guides on xda and feel stupid for not knowing what its talking about. I had a go at the SDK talkthrough and was ecstatic when i completed it, the moment quickly passed when i realised that i did not know what i had done (which now when i see it written i realise it was probably a very stupid thing). Can anyone recommend guides that are even easier to follow?

5. ScottyPro

ScottyPro Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Washington, Tyne & Wear
    ^^^^
    when I had my Desire I too read loads about rooting, was worried sick in case I screwed up my phone. In the end I took the plunge and just done it. TBH it seemed and was a lot easier than it looked. Ended up trying about 4 different ROM's, its great to have that unrestricted feeling, just try it and if you want try something else later.

Now I'm onto the Sensation, will probably try to root that, but at a later date, the Sensation is............ how shall I put it ............ Sensational :D

big_smurf likes this.
  6. big_smurf

big_smurf Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    HM Forces
    Wales
    Well it took a few hours, mostly looking through thread after thread trying to find people who were making the same mistakes as me, but i have now rooted my phone. Just need to decide on what rom to flash. I understand that its not a done thing to promote one persons hard work over another, from what i understand all roms are different, i just want to start crawling before i'm sprinting.

Anyone thinking of doing this, xda has an awesome step by step guide
    [Guide] to Installing S-off, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on [03/AUG/11](noobproof) - xda-developers

7. rappy

rappy Member
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Derby
    I rooted my phone the other week, using The Beast custom rom, still not getting more than 10 hours battery life though, even though I've calibrated the battery.