• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting New Tablet With 4.0.4 Already Installed

Gazcobain

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Alright guys, first-time poster here.

I've been given a P5110 as an early present for my 30th and it's a great bit of kit, but as always will be even better once rooted. Problem is, it's running 4.0.4 which, I understand, makes it a bit tricky to root.

I've been reading the guide over at the XDA forums here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1657056 but it's been written for users with 4.0.3. It does mention a workaround for 4.0.4 users at Post 325, but I assume that posts have been deleted from that thread as Post 325 contains no workaround whatsoever.

I guess what I'm looking for is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to rooting a P5110 already running 4.0.4, or someone to clearly say what changes to the 4.0.3 process must be carried out, and I'd be hugely grateful if someone could let me know.

Many thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones