1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooting on a brand new prevail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nightrid3r, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Nightrid3r

Nightrid3r Newbie

Bought my prevail 2 days ago tried to root but no luck its ee14 does this mean I.cNt.root

Advertisement

2. droogie

droogie Newbie

Interesting. Someone more qualified can answer this, but I think there is some way to do it.

You should try the one click root method. It worked for me and now I am looking at Settings ---> About phone ---> Baseband xEE14 and I am good; rooted with ShabbyMod 0.9 beta as the build number.

I just can't tell you HOW to do this. I am sure it has something to do with ClockWorkMod, tho. You might have a newer phone where you have to "downgrade" in order to "upgrade."

Do this:
    1. Try one click root (again).
    If not
    2. Use this Windows prog called Odin to pound in an old image to your phone; before the revision.

hroark13's Galaxy Prevail one came highly recommended. I am a total noob here but this is possible.

Bump.

3. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

4. droogie

droogie Newbie

5. Nightrid3r

Nightrid3r Newbie

Thanks hroark13 I did as instructed and pretty sure i am rooted now but i have a few questions like i installed busy box but what is it? I thought it was like a installer like cydia on the iphone but i dont think it is now? Is there a cydia like program on the android?

6. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

busybox executes some linux commands and apps

i dont know what cydia is

if you have the super user icon in you apps list you should be rooted

7. Nightrid3r

Nightrid3r Newbie

ok i am rooted and i fixed what i had too im getting the hang of this now thanks hroark13 seriously i would be lost without you