• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting on a brand new prevail

Bought my prevail 2 days ago tried to root but no luck its ee14 does this mean I.cNt.root

Interesting. Someone more qualified can answer this, but I think there is some way to do it.

You should try the one click root method. It worked for me and now I am looking at Settings ---> About phone ---> Baseband xEE14 and I am good; rooted with ShabbyMod 0.9 beta as the build number.

I just can't tell you HOW to do this. I am sure it has something to do with ClockWorkMod, tho. You might have a newer phone where you have to "downgrade" in order to "upgrade."

Do this:
1. Try one click root (again).
If not
2. Use this Windows prog called Odin to pound in an old image to your phone; before the revision.

hroark13's Galaxy Prevail one came highly recommended. I am a total noob here but this is possible.

Bump.

Upvote 0
Thanks hroark13 I did as instructed and pretty sure i am rooted now but i have a few questions like i installed busy box but what is it? I thought it was like a installer like cydia on the iphone but i dont think it is now? Is there a cydia like program on the android?

busybox executes some linux commands and apps

i dont know what cydia is

if you have the super user icon in you apps list you should be rooted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones