1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root rooting on mac?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nyfinest32, Oct 23, 2010.

1. nyfinest32

nyfinest32 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Hi, lemme start by saying i am a complete noob when it comes to rooting. This isnt my first android phone but it will be my first attempt at rooting. Ive tried searching instructions for rooting on a mac but i had no luck. the ones i did find were for experienced people and i had no idea what they were talking about.

if anyone can help me out by posting a guide to step by step instructions or pointing me in the right direction id appreciate it. thanks.

Advertisement

2. nyfinest32

nyfinest32 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    nevermind, i just rooted my phone

3. notmy51

notmy51 New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    After spending the last 6 hours searching for how to root on a mac and not knowing what some (a lot of the terms mean, could you please explain how you did it?

From the little that I understand, it looks like I need a program called "chmod" to convert to Mac file (.dmg) I suppose.

I do not have the ability/capability to run windows on my mac, and cannot do at work.

4. beezy

beezy Active Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Try the z4root app in the market, its a one click root that does everything from the phone so you don't have to worry about it.

5. PoundSand

PoundSand Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    chmod is a unix util that comes with your mac. but you don't do any converting to a dmg file (and chmod doesn't convert anything anyways).

run one of the one clicks if you don't know what you're going. try here:
    Epic 4G All in One Root and Recovery 2.01 for Windows, Intel Mac, and Linux