1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting Orange HTC desire.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thesavagedonke, Sep 11, 2011.

1. thesavagedonke

None

Sep 11, 2011
    Hello im new to rooting but quite good with computers so it doesnt bother me. Although i have a few questions before i go ahead rooting.

I have an orange branded HTC desire. PVT1, Hboot 0.93 and erase size of 20000.

Firstly am i safe to root with the above details?
    I have read on some posts about problems rooting orange Htc desires as it locks the sim? what is this and will it happen to me?

Finally im looking for a stock RUU from orange uk, but cant find one anywhere. Does one exist, if so link pls :D . If not is there any way i can compile my own?

Thanks
    Josh

-Edit-
    One other thing ive been reading / scared about is usb/sd card bricking my phone. As the solution to this is usually flashing an RUU. If there is no orange RUU is it possible to flash just a stock RUU to the phone and manually enter APN settings? as i have sim unlocked my phone using sieempi.eu/blog/

Advertisement

2. shauny13

shauny13 Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Beautiful Dorset
    Hi, i'm with orange and rooted with no problems. Had the same hboot specs as you. There is no RUU for orange, so think carefully before doing this as it will void your warranty. My phone never sim locked, but you can remove the sim first to be on the safe side.

3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    As has been discussed in another thread, you should be able to use the Gingerbread upgrade RUU for warranty purposes.

shauny13 likes this.
  4. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Leeds, UK
    It was recommended to me to use the unlocking tool to unlock all networks before I rooted.

Tags: