• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting ORG Droid 2.2.3 Frk76 without a computer

Ahh, that must be it then. And I guess I owe you an extra "sorry" because I could have said your link didn't work instead of calling it "an epic FAIL". It's my posting style sometimes to really come off as a #1 a-hoe.

nunnya, in the other thread you said you had superoneclick 1.7 so that's a good thing as that is what I read was more reliable for 2.2.3/FRK76. Follow ben's instructions there, but make sure that after you have mounted your sdcard as storage and moved it to your pc, then close the window on your pc that shows your phone and unmount your sdcard as storage on your phone.

Then before you proceed, make sure you have 'USB debugging' enabled on your phone. How to do it, on your phone go here:

menu -> settings -> applications -> developement -> USB debugging checked.

Hopefully that works, however I have to admit I haven't used superoneclick, I have only rooted my droid with the two more intensive and manual methods.

good luck

p.s. there really aren't any stupid questions. unless you ask after you got into major trouble because you didn't ask and/or read first, hehe.

p.p.s. And my posting style is sort of from my "read more, post less" method. My post count is lower than most because I do a boatload of reading of the best methods instead of just posting answers from the hip; hence the quick matter of factness of my style. I will sometimes try to be better.
I also have the Droid 2.2.3. and was wondering if you could explain this part more clearly "make
sure that after you have mounted your sdcard as
storage and moved it to your pc, then close the
window on your pc that shows your phone and" Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones