• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting other than Unrevoked method

Had my Evo rooted with Unrevoked, but noticed a few glitches, read up on it, and decided to uninstall it. I want to root, but at the moment, it seems as if ever method I look at has some kind of unrevoked method as part of the instructions.

Is there a legitimate method, adb shell or otherwise out there, other than Unrevoked? This is no bash against the developers of Unrevoked; just would rather go a more "traditional" route. Thanks.

Reactions: fivebass52
Upvote 0
mdizzle99 - thanks for the links. I've seen the first link before, and had no luck finding it as of late, so I appreciate you posting it for me. The second link I do have, BUT, as part of the rooting process, Toast uses unrevoked, and I'd like to avoid that.

So I'll look more at the xda-link, and see what if that will get me rooted, and ready to flash a rom. Thanks again....

If anyone else has more info, please post, as I think there isn't enough info out there on basic rooting, and way too much on Unrevoked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones