1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rooting, Please Help.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by charlington, May 12, 2016.

1. charlington

charlington Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    Hi. I have this Lenovo A1000 android working on lollipop 5.0, I would want to uninstall some system App from this phone which I find not useful to me so as to boost memory size and speed.

Can I achieve this without having to root my android phone?

If rooting is the only solution, please suggest and give a safe link to download a root App like iroot in English version NOT Chinese version as I see when I Google search.

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Have you checked the app info for the system apps you don't want? Sometimes it's possible to disable them there without needing to root the device.

scary alien likes this.
  3. charlington

None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    @ Brian706, Will disabling a system App have an effect of increasing the phone Memory as it would be the case if we uninstalled the App?

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Yes. When an app is disabled it cannot run at all. Obviously it still takes up space as it's still installed, but it won't use any RAM. I think it will disappear from your app drawer too. It makes it like it's uninstalled without actually uninstalling the app.

El Presidente and scary alien like this.
  5. charlington

None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    ok, does it mean that at anytime when the android phone is on, RAM is being used on a particular system even when you're not using the particular system App?

Does it also mean when less RAM is being used the more the speed of the Android phone to various tasks?

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
  7. charlington

None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    @ Brian 706, does it mean that at anytime when the android phone is on, RAM is being used on a particular system even when you're not using the particular system App?
    Does it also mean when less RAM is being used the more the speed of the Android phone to various tasks?

8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Generally no. In a very simple, basic nutshell, unused RAM in Android is wasted RAM. Linux, which Android is based on, loads the apps it needs in to memory so they are there when needed. If an application hasn't been active for X period of time (this will differ between devices), the OS will kill it. If an application needs more RAM than is available, the OS will kill whatever apps it deems are currently surplus to whatever is being done at that specific moment in time.

9. charlington

None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    @ El Presidente, Let's take an example of two android phones: one with 1GB RAM and the other one with 2GB RAM, I thought that the speed of operation to tasks and connectivity would be higher in the Android phone with two 2GB RAM, Are you disagreeing with this example when you say: "unused RAM in Android is wasted RAM."

If the high the size of the RAM doesn't determine the speed of operations of a device, what's determines? ROM?

10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    More RAM = more apps held in RAM for quicker access. :)

11. scary alien

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    So, think of it this way: RAM is way faster than your internal/external storage (which are the same for devices with no true external storage).

The RAM is the (direct, faster) storage area on your device that the CPU(s) actually operate on when executing code/programs/apps.

The other storage areas (i.e., non-RAM ones) are indirectly referenced (slower).

Referencing data that's already present in RAM is always faster than having to go get it from the non-RAM storage areas (i.e., your internal/external storage).

Having a device with more RAM is typically faster than a device with less RAM (all things being equal (CPU speed, etc.)).

Unix/Linux/Android will use up all of the RAM in your device to keep it populated with things (data/files/programs) that it thinks or does indeed need to keep your user experience as smooth and fast as possible.

12. charlington

None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    Meaning high RAM less App= the slow speed of tasks/connectivity?

13. scary alien

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Not exactly sure what you're asking there...

The number of apps you have on your device impacts the amount of "secondary" (i.e., non-RAM) storage.

Your use of those apps (either explicitly or implicitly invoked/launched (i.e., background services, apps that boot at run time, Android itself)) are the ones that get pulled into RAM when needed for execution.

If you don't use or launch an app (or it's not otherwise implicitly launched), it has NO impact on the speed of your device.

CPU and RAM use are just part of the equation for how "fast" your device feels or actually is.

I think you're focused too much on RAM--let Android (i.e., Linux) worry about it--you don't really have to.

14. charlington

None

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    @scary alien, What I asked latter, is in reference to what El Presidente said previously here: "More RAM = more apps held in RAM for quicker access." I interpreted it to also mean for example if you have an android phone with higher RAM let's say 2GB RAM as compared to 1GB RAM, then you've installed few third party App in the Android with 2GB RAM, the speed of operation to tasks would be slower unlike if you had installed many third party App in the phone with high RAM, In summary to mean the higher the RAM in an Android device and more installed third party Apps in the Android, the higher the speed of tasks/connectivity, and vice versa.