1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting problem with Lenovo tab 3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smitherten, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Smitherten

Smitherten Lurker

Good morning everyone (or wherever you in the world), I have been facing issues with my Lenovo Yoga tab 3 from the day I got it (i kept sending it back to the original shop I bought it from, under warranty, but they sent it back claiming they have "fixed" it, the only changes I found is it has been factory reset). it was some weird defect, where some apps would not save the data (geometry dash levels would not be saved), and the gallery would not load the pictures and weird bugs that would not be fixed.
    until some time later, when I decided to root it with the magisk method (because twrp is not supported on my device), I did, and I installed Lspeed, kernel adiutor, servicly, and among others. the thing is, it keeps unrooting itself upon restart. I don't know how that is even possible, but I have to root it again after each restart. is that a defect or can I fix it?

P.S: the nethunter chroot, is not being able to be downloaded, even if i leave it all night, it just ends with a timestamp without anything els.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

MrJavi likes this.
  3. Smitherten

Smitherten Lurker

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i have a samsung galaxy tab a that i have not restarted it since i bought it.......ok maybe once or twice when it received an update. and it runs fine.

i think you need twrp to flash the magisk img and install the magisk manager in order for root to stick.

and on post #12 a member claims that it worked on the M version.

5. Smitherten

Smitherten Lurker

sorry I took too long to reply back here, exams. anyways, thanks a lot man, I will try installing TWRP.
    and while I was daydreaming for some time, I think I know what mistake I have made, when I rooted it I used this line

Code (Text):
    1. fastboot boot magiskpatched.img
    so when daydreaming some more, I thought that

Code (Text):
    1. fastboot flash magiskpatched.img
    and i did not use the original
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot flash boot magiskpatched.img
    because it did not work for some reason

ocnbrze likes this.

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Forum

The Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 release date was 2016 Released. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 210 processor, and 8400mAh battery.

2016 Released
Release Date
Reviews