1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rooting problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ianramsden87, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ianramsden87

ianramsden87 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    UK
    I've been trying to get my phone stable for the past month without much success.

My major problem is rooting/market.

Rooting using unrevoked tends to make my phone vibrate 8 times and then reboot into the standard ROM with no super user access given.

putting the stock o2 rom from shipped ROMS seems to be the only stable ROM that I can use but even that seems to crash when using the market to download updates to facebook/google maps .......

I get random reboots when using any web browser when I'm going to sites with flash content ie MMO-Champion - Index (yes I am a wow geek).

flashing the .exe ROMS works 50/50, when they do fail it complains about a file missing/corrupt. If I take the battery out and chuck it my draw for 30 mins then it flashes fine with the same .exe

I tried the latest WWE build which rebooted randomly just going into the market, had to run the debrand to get the bootloader back to 0.83 so I could flash the O2 froyo exe back onto it.

I love my phone but this is getting a bit of a joke now.

I could send the phone back to o2 but i'm not really sure what they can do as it's all down to when I either what to put a different ROM or run the stock WWE rom.

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    sounds like cpu/radio stack is borked
    i would get it replaced

it still crashed on o2 stock when you use cpu/data instensive apps
    its good enough reason

Tags: