1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rooting problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pwrlifting79, Jan 28, 2010.

1. pwrlifting79

pwrlifting79 Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Hi, Im new to rooting but i'm having alot of problems. i have a mytouch 3g

Ive looked at every post on many many different sites and nothing has helped.

I try an downgrade to 1.5 but when i get to the screen (using volume down and power) it says the version i have is older and doesnt run it.

I loaded a apk and installed it. when i click backup revoery image it says failed...

when i click the "hidden" button on the right, and click flash 1.4...it says falsh failed.

i tried loading a recovery image and typing it into the screen and it still says failed.

I am competely lost. I want to put on this 2.1 ROM that i found that has the camera working an everything but i cant figure it out.

Someone please email me at pwrlifting79@gmail.com with the intructions or what im doing wrong. I rerally want 2.1 on my mytouch 3g

Advertisement

2. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Why would you even try the apk (I assume this is the one-click root) if you aren't on 1.5?

Only have a G1 (currently looking for good prices on eBay/Craigslist for MT3G), so can't help you much.

3. pwrlifting79

pwrlifting79 Member

Jan 28, 2010
    I tried everything, figured id try it. Idk why it wont let me downgrade to 1.5. It says the version on my phone is older than the nbh file I try.

4. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Pretty sure that's what the Goldcard is for.