1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root rooting problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hotbunny27, Dec 31, 2011.

1. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    :(Hello i am new to this place and i just got my new hauwei ascend 2 and it was 2.3.3 now its 2.3.5 and i downloaded the update zip saved it to my sd card and when i did the reboot i saw it clicked it and it said E:aborted what does this mean and how can i fix it so i can root my phone i am new to the rooting and now i got the update zip finally on my sd card and dont know why its saying aborted how can i fix this so i can root my phone am i missing something or mabye im not doing it right please help thanks
    Danielle

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

I've moved your post here where I'm sure you can get better help from other Ascend 2 owners.

Probably a good idea to check other posts in this area, see if your steps match those taken by others.

hotbunny27 likes this.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Did you download it from your computer or via the phone? If you did it form your phone do it from the comp. Doing it over the phones internet via data or wifi will give you corrupted files alot.

If it still does it try this link: Update zip for A2 Root

And welcome to Android forums :)

hotbunny27 likes this.
  4. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    yes and thanks for welcoming me to the forum i need help lol anyways yes i downloaded it from here the a2root and i actually extracted it first then put it onto my sd card was that the reason it says aborted? ill try it again and not extract the file ill let you know if it worked thanks again

5. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    ok so i downloaded your link to my computer i didnt open it i saved it and i put my sd card into my adapter and i put the adaper into my computer went to the start menu and typed in update saw it and clicked it dragged it into my sd card took sd card out of my computer and put into my phone and turned it off and pushed it into reboot now when i did it i saw the application good for me yay but when i clicked it it said this E:failed to verify whole file signature then it said E:signaure verification failed installation aborted what the heck does this mean and how can i fix it so i can root my phone thanks again

6. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    i have read the guidelines and regulations to this forum and I understand and obide by these rules and thank you for letting me be apart of you forum thanks again for the help that i am still in need of

7. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    I'm not 100% sure about this, I don't own the A2, but I think I saw somewhere that you need to downgrade back to the 2.3.3 to be able to use this root method. If I am wrong about this, somebody please correct me.

8. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    oh ok well i dont know how to do that but i think there is somewhere on here that tells me how and if the downgrade works and i am able to root the a2 with the app you gave me ill let you know thank you

9. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Good luck! Hope it works.

10. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    im not really understanding on how to downgrade my hauwei ascend 2 back to 2.3.3 help! please and thanks

11. hotbunny27

hotbunny27 Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Medical Assistant
    Portland Oregon
    i downloaded the file to let me downgrade back to 2.3.3 and it was empty i keep seeing make sure you see your camra and such i dont know what that means. and i tried the A2root i get the e:signature failure aborted i cant remove bloatware because imm not rooted it wont let me root my huawei 2 and i dont know what the dload folder is i cant see it i cant make one i dont know what im doing all i want is my huawei ascend 2 to be rooted help im new to this and all the lingo words i dont understand