1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting Process doesnt let me install Rom...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yobearpaw, Apr 28, 2011.

1. yobearpaw

yobearpaw Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Hi all please let me explain why I'm going bald, pulling my hair out with this root process.

Also unlike others Im a self confessed noob, never rooted a phone before so if Im lacking in details let me know and I will provide them

I have a desire HD
    Android Version 2.2
    Software Version 1.32.405.6

I have followed the XDA process to the letter.

I have installed visionary, ran the temproot then perm root - All ok
    Installed and run the teminal emulator - All ok
    booted up phone, held down the volume and confirmed S-Off
    Installed Rom Manager - Flash Clockwork Memory - OK

then the problem begins... when I next go to 'Reboot into Recovery' the phone powers down and when it reboots it hangs on the first White HTC Screen.

Ive watched Youtube video that do the exact same process as I have and this doesnt happen to them. Its obviously meant to take me into another menu where I can select a ROM.

Now I have searched the internet far and wide for answers. Heres the ones off the top of my head that Ive tried.

Turn off fastboot.
    Reflash Clockwork Recovery
    Install ROM from SD Card

I cant think of others but there were a few.

Now questions:
    Does the USB Cable need to be plugged in and Debugging ON?
    Does the Clockwork Recovery setting of 'All Clockwork Recoveries' need to be lowered. If this is the case why do I get an error meassage each time I try to change it?

I know this was loong but hopefully the nice red text help break it up.

Thanks in advance
    Adam:)

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Yes, you need USB debugging on for a lot of root related things, including flashing a recovery menu, so just leave that on all the time.

Did visionary leave an app called superuser in your app drawer? It's an app that grants root access to other apps (for example, when ROM manager tries to flash a recovery menu). You need to make sure it's set up to allow root access to ROM manager.

I mention that because a lot of the time, the popup for superuser doesn't appear when you don't have USB debugging enabled.