• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting PVT4 40000

bower123456

Feb 8, 2011
hi im thinking of rooting but ive got pvt4 and the erase size is 40000 i checked using the guide.
ive only had the phone a week its unbranded i think (dont see anything about any carrier) and unlocked but im worried about knackering it trying to root it, should i root it or is is bet left alone in my situation? i thought rooting sounded hard enough reading the fao`s but now it seems really complicated because of this erase value
can i restore it to factory if i need to claim on warranty and where do i get the original software to put it back to factory?
any advice would be great as rooting it sound the best way to make this phone even better
thanks

The only difference is you have to download the AmonRA version of recovery in my FAQ and then before connecting the device to unrevoked, go to File>Select recovery (or whatever the menu says in my FAQ).

Whats your current software build please? menu>Settings>about phone

looking for a number (not baseband) that looks like x.xx.xxx.x

All RUU's (that are available) are in shipped roms by the way (in FAQ) but it can be dodgy and not always up to date.

The other thing you can do is google the software number I asked for for downloads.

Upvote 0
just another question at what point in the process do i use ra-desire?
in the guide it says
When using unrEVOked, whilst it is on the "Waiting for device" screen, go to FILE > Custom recovery - Choose the Amon-RA image you downloaded.
but at which point is this if you know what i mean?
also do i need Clockworkmod using alpharev or is there little point?
cheers

Upvote 0
also do i need Clockworkmod using alpharev or is there little point?
and maybe a stupid question but wanted clarification before i start, i still need to do the hboot stuff before i use amonra dont i?
so i do the hboot then
1. Open unrEVOked
2. Set AmonRA as custom Recovery
3. Connect phone and enjoy the rooted goodness?
cheers

Upvote 0
can i have some more help please ive gone through the process and think itsa rooted.
but when i reboot it holding volume down and go on recovery it goes to android system recovery and it says the build is : ra-desire-v2.0.1 should it be that?
but the volume button doesnt work to go up and down the menu, have i done something wrong?
cheers

also when i boot the phone to normal phone and go to the apps i do have superuser permission icon but when i go in it it doesnt show anything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones