1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting Question for Stock X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by schimm, Sep 13, 2011.

1. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    I've rooted my D1 over a year ago and shortly thereafter bought an X. While researching rooting the X I've noticed a number of things have changed.

Just want to confirm the procedure which seems simple enough thanks to some work done recently. First make sure I have the current 64 bit Moto drivers for my Win 7 system then DL the Moto One Click Root recently released:

How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Once rooted I could then use the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap to install the ROM I want.....which would probably be Cyanogen. Is there a version of Cyanogen Mod that is preferred at this point.

Would this be as simple as it seems? No messing around with RSD Lite or going back to an earlier SBF?

Thanks for the help and the semi newb questions. One of the problems in going back and reading threads is that there are many discussions to sort through that involve people that have already rooted their phone. And those that involve rooting a phone with Froyo vs. GB.

Advertisement