1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rooting Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by funshynebear69, Apr 19, 2012.

1. funshynebear69

funshynebear69 New Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Hi everyone. I am not sure is this is the place for this question, but I looked around and did not see any SPECIFIC rooting threads, so I will just ask and apologize in advance if this is the wrong place. So here goes...

I have an unrooted Evo by Sprint. I LOVE my phone, adore it. I have loved being able to customize it with apps like LauncherPro, and Minimalistic text and so on..but I feel like i could do soooo much more if I rooted it. I have been goign back and forth with this decision for a few months now because I do not have the money to shell out for a brand new phone if I did something wrong. So this is my question..

Are there any really good rooting tutorials for "dummies" that are simple to follow and have detailed instructions? I have found a few but I always end up with questions like, where do I find this ROM and is this already in the rooting program? Stuff like that. I just need a simple and good tutorial to help me thru this. I appreciate any help that you guys could give.

I also wanted to know which ROM is the most used and less likely to give me any problems.

Thank you so much for any help.

Advertisement

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hi and welcome aboard. Thanks for joining the Android community. First, I want to let you know that I moved your thread to its correct forum. Second, here is a link to a good read on what "rooting" is all about. [http://www.androidauthority.com/roo...-to-root-your-android-phone-or-tablet-10915/] Third, if your not having any problems with your device - I hope you won't create any by rooting it.

All the best. Reading and understanding what you're doing will be your best friend. :)