• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Questions Thread #19578579

SyrStorm

Sep 28, 2011
Quick question, if I root and say I want to flash zip packages for things like Google now or some zip files like beats audio for example, would I need safestrap or bootstrap to flash the zip? And would I be able to flash those zip files on stock? And , although I don't think I'll do it, I will need the kexec kernel to over clock right? Also, to unroot using Matt's utility I just flash the ap fastboot option which is unrooted? Lastly, how would you remove a custom recovery? Sorry for the long post. Thanks :)

When it comes down to flashing. Its perfered for a user to have safestrap 2.0 installed. The same application is used to uninstall the recovery as well.

Im not a fan off that paticular utility since i dont trust someones server working on my device but it seems to work for people.

Always make nand backups before flashing anything and read instructions on how to use safestrap first before using it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones