1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root rooting questions with uscc carrier...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bryandrummer, Jun 4, 2011.

1. bryandrummer

bryandrummer Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    usa
    my question is regarding the ability to use app2sd+ (method using the extra partition on the sd card).

I am in the US with uscc. I have a desire that was stock and stock upgraded to 2.2. I am not to familiar with rooting but ventured into it with my gtab and am now motivated to try something with my desire. however i have read in half a dozen forums that the US cdma desire with hboot 1.06 and s-on is unrootable as of right now. however people have been able to temp root with z4root but they loose root after a reboot.

my question is, with the above conditions, it that enough to use the app2sd+ method? I read that it can be flashed onto any rom but i didn't know if it would be possible with this phone. I don't know enough about what areas of the phone are writeable with s-on and limited root and if this was achievable.

please keep in mind that I'm an inspiring noob when it comes to rooting so I need things simple still. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    unfortunately you cannot as you need the rom to have init.d support which it doesnt by default and it also needs to be part of system which you have no RW access too.

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    It needs to run at boot too or all links to apps would be broken, meaning you couldnt regain temp root either.

Maybe install script manager to manually run script after temp root, but you'd have to install temp root and script manager every reboot.. even if that works... its not worth it

4. bryandrummer

bryandrummer Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    usa
    Thanks guys. guess that sucks. That's the last time I use a stock update.

Tags: