• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions

antonove

Lurker
Dec 2, 2010
IHi. After getting the samsung captivate a few days back I read online about rooting and lagfixers. I downloaded the voodoo lag fixer and it told me I had to root the phone to continue with the install. I ended up rooting the phone with a one click rooter. After rooting i ran the voodoo app and all seemed good until I noticed two things. Number one my home key was not working. It was simply taking me back a page just like the back key. Second was that headphones were not working, once launching the music player app with headphones on the phone would continue to play though the speakers. I was wondering I'd these problems were caused by rooting and if anyone knows how to fix them. Thank you.

Reactions: clarkeskitty
Hi, sorry this might sound like a really noobish question but how do you remove the lag fix? I tried deleting the application that I used to install it (Lagfix by Voodoo) but I don't think that did anything.

Create a blank file called disable-lagfix and put it on your /sdcard, then reboot (That will remove the fix, DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE FIX, BUT DO IT BEFORE YOU REFLASH!)

Upvote 0
The disable-lagfix will not remove/uninstall the lagfix (note that it's "disable", not "uninstall" or "remove"). All it does is revert the filesystem back to RFS from ext4.

The custom hacked kernel remains (a kernel based on older code than the stock kernel), so if that's the source of the problem it will take a reflash with a different kernel in order to remove/uninstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones