• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting, Recovery[N/A], ROMs[N/A] and Confrimed Removable Guide (01/18/2013)

Hey guys, i used 2.5gb data hit throttled, then after about 200mb over the next few days i guy a text saying they will disable my account because i am in violation of tos. Not tethering. Any body else experience this. Plus i was shut off for non payment. And that is when i got the text. Seems like because i was unable to make the payment.i was in violation.

Upvote 0
Tattoo.. Ran into an error while trying to install an app from the google play store, insufficient memory..finally dawned on me I needed to free up internal memory...Link2sd says to make 2 partitions...do you need that?

Well the insufficient thing can be fixed by app management/ play store / clear data, cache also uninstall updates then try again. For link2sd yes for that to work correctly you need 2 partitions both primary one fat the other I use ext4.

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
Well the insufficient thing can be fixed by app management/ play store / clear data, cache also uninstall updates then try again. For link2sd yes for that to work correctly you need 2 partitions both primary one fat the other I use ext4.

While searching for that problem, ran across that solution too, didn't work for me, what worked was wondering if It was somehow balking at not enough internal memory free. So on a hunch I tried moving some larger apps to sd with androids own move to sd, bingo. Now that i have a larger MicroSD card thought why not move it all to keep performance up. So for link2sd, what size partitions do you have for each? 50/50?

Upvote 0
I use a 8gb sandisk ultra pro , I only give 1.5gb of ext-4 rest fat. Your other option is mount2sd in play store I think it works smoother. But for you I'd say stick with link2sd to be safe. I'm going to mess with mount2sd some more before I suggest that to anyone for this phone. One of the reasons I'm saying that is it modifies the busybox and this phone seems to be fickle about busybox. But for experienced users that might be other option. Always remember that your responsible for what you do to your phone. Always research. I will help as much as I can, link2sd is the safer method. Both require a second partition.

Reactions: Belzabub
Upvote 0
Got root working! Just an FYI, this (or any other method) will not work for Windows 8 because the Hydro drives are incompatible.

TY!

edit: I keep losing root somehow! Can't seem to figure it out.

edit2: For some reason, updating binary is breaking my root. My advice is DO NOT update binary after gaining root - it has broken my root time and time again. I know that OP's tutorial does not say to update binary, but I did it out of blind stupidity thinking that I needed it.

Upvote 0
Okay, so ive been researching how to root my hydro, and this is the only thing i really got. i downloaded the driver and softwear (v2 and v25) and niether of them are working. i tried v2 first cause of what everyones been saying, loaded and reset my phone ect. but when i went in to try and enable the root functions of my Orbot app, it kept saying that i didnt have superuser permission or root access. then i tried v25, same thing. factory reset my phone and tried both again after installing superuser app and busybox, and now i get the prompt on the phone to reset, but nothing happens on both v2 and v25. help please? i dont know what could have gone wrong

Upvote 0
This Keeps popping up every time I try to root my phone...I'm fairly new to rooting stuff, prior to this phone I have only rooted my old nokia c7... can anyone help?

root help.png

Upvote 0
I have tried many versions, still no luck, i think the problem is that im stuck in charge only, the other options are in gray and i cant select media transfer... help?

I finally figered out a solution the reason these areas are gray is I didn't have an sdcard. To root I ended up using a special version of poot with ministro. I anybody cares I'd be happy to share my special version o poot I found that works just dandy. Maybe put I in the op? Its much easier/ faster than the method by bin4ry

Upvote 0
Tried 2, going for a second time, it says it was rooted but I still couldn't allow titanium to work, and the binary is updatable for SU, but should I even touch that or leave it as is with what the v2 installs?

Update: I just re-did the phone with v2, it fixed itself, and I was able to get titanium to work, should I be free to roam, and should I leave SU un-updated. Last time I tried updating, tit' wouldn't receive access? Also is there a larger list of unnecessary apps out here yet? I really need to clean this phone up, 2 months after buying it, it's gotten a li'l sluggish, and I don't really use too many apps on the phone as it is, a couple card games, music, and maybe camera n facebook from time to time. Has anyone found good app for boosting speed a bit? I get graphical glitches from time to time.

I found a memory boost app in play store it is free and works great as a quick boost while also improving the long term memory heath of your phone. Have had no problems whatsoever with it and have had it on my hydro since the day of purchase. It's call MEMORY BOOST and has a round green icon that says turbo boost!

Upvote 0
I'm assuming this is the one and only launcher on the phone correct ?

I highly suggest you do not remove it. If you do, when you do a factory restore, the phone will not have a launcher to use. It will be stuck in an error boot loop.

Not so if you do it right. You must make new launcher a sys app. Any apps that are moved and made to be sys apps survive factory data reset. I believe link2SD has this ability. Don't fill the sys or ROM partition too full though as it'll make your phone really slow. Not sure if this ROM has a write protect built in or not. I always keep launcher off SD card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones