• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-I547 / commanche)

Thanks kemonine96... I've downloaded the files and followed the instructions but when I run a root checker the app indicated my phone isn't rooted.

What information can I provide to better assist with trouble shooting my lack of rooting ability?

-Thanks
Did you use recovery to install the update.zip for root? If not, you'll need to do that as well. Also, did the Superuser application get installed?

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. This is my first post! Too bad it has to be a problem! Haha, I have the Rugby Pro. And have done every step. and I'm at the point where I need to load up clockwork in the boot menu. (I hope that sounds right) But the problem I have when I select the zip file it gets to verifying update package, and then gives the message that it's signature verification has failed. And aborts the install. What can I do to fix this? Any recommendations would be appreciated! I really want to finish this, and get root! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I could really use some help.
I'm trying to root my phone and install the photosphere feature from 4.2 onto my rugby pro. I'm using the photosphere to create a sort of google-street view tour of a trail I'm planning for my undergrad thesis.

I've done all of the steps as best as I know how, but at the very end, I always end up with a loop screen. I just see the samsung logo and then the rethink possible screen. I can reset the phone back to normal conditions....losing all my apps and settings (don't care too much since I've only had the phone for a while). But I need to get this phone rooted and get photosphere on here.

So I will try to narrow it down and let you guys know where I may be messing up.

Step 1. Install drivers from link below. Here I have some issues because even though i install the drivers the computer only recognizes the device until I pull it out. Before I plug in the rugby pro again, I have to reinstall the drivers.

Download necessary packages (clockwork recovery, root update) from the links below
Copy root update to your devices sdcard(s) -- Copy to both if external SD card is present-I only copy the root update to the external sd card. Is this causing me an issue? I am scared of putting it on the phone itself.

Select the comanche file-this comanche fiile is being selected from the computer, not the phone....correct?

Make sure only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are selected
Click start- I get a pass in ODIN, but the phone does not reboot after flash is complete. I waited at least fifteen minutes the first time I did this.

Power off your phone-have to pull battery because this is where the looping starts

Select "Install zip from sd card"
Select "Choose zip from sd card"
Navigate to zip
Select zip
Confirm
Reboot-results in looping screen.

please email me at as2003 AT txstate DOT edu if you can help

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. This is my first post! Too bad it has to be a problem! Haha, I have the Rugby Pro. And have done every step. and I'm at the point where I need to load up clockwork in the boot menu. (I hope that sounds right) But the problem I have when I select the zip file it gets to verifying update package, and then gives the message that it's signature verification has failed. And aborts the install. What can I do to fix this? Any recommendations would be appreciated! I really want to finish this, and get root! Thanks!

Just registered to post this. I came across the exact same problem (although I have the Canadian version, Samsung Galaxy Rugby LTE SGH-i547C with Telus) and found a nice solution. Someone posted step-by-step instructions as above, but modified for this exact fault, at the xda-developers forum, post number 34463244 (can't post the link since this is my first comment).

Worked for me, hope it also works for you or anyone else stumbling across this thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones