• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rooting Samsung SII on a mac

Asdrual

Jul 28, 2011
I was an iPhone user but pretty soon I will be getting an android device. Some thing I liked to do with my iPhone was having the ability to jailbreak my phone and get it run cracked apps. All of this was done with a simple click of button With a program I downloaded from the Internet. In android I understand I have to download a special custom ROM and the root the device. is there a software to just root the device and unroot in one simple click of a button??? I am on a mac and planing to get the galaxy nexus or Samsung galaxy sII.

Thanks

If there is a one-click root solution to the Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Nexus would be found in their subforums. There are a lot of variants to the Galaxy S2, so I can't give you a specific forum to look in.

But there are instructions on how to root the Galaxy Nexus that I can point you out to:

Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

Most rooting techniques are pretty straight forward. And installing a custom ROM sounds a lot harder than it actually is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones