• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting soon - question about apps

lyons238

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
ok so i plan on rooting using toasts method soon. really the only thing that is holding me back is i have a decent amount of apps that i dont want to lose, some paid as well. how can i assure that i will be able to get my apps back once i flash the new rom?

What do you mean, lose them? You would be able to find all of your apps back in the market, regardless of a wipe or not. Just use a backup program for your apps. Or you can do what I did, use Titanium Backup (paid version for me), first using unrEVOked to be rooted to back up. Once backed up I did the wipe and did the toast method. Worked like a charm.

Upvote 0
What do you mean, lose them? You would be able to find all of your apps back in the market, regardless of a wipe or not. Just use a backup program for your apps. Or you can do what I did, use Titanium Backup (paid version for me), first using unrEVOked to be rooted to back up. Once backed up I did the wipe and did the toast method. Worked like a charm.

paid apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones