1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting suggestions for 2.3.5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by budracer1, Dec 26, 2011.

1. budracer1

budracer1 Newbie

Ok so my DROID X (actually my carrier calls it milestone X) was trying to update to 2.3.5 and since I had it rooted before, it kept failing to install because of the logwrapper file, so I downloaded a stock logwrapper file and changed the permissions to match mine and got the update to go through no problems..I actually even like the the new version however now I cannot get my phone rooted again.

The only thing that would work before when I was on 2.2 was gingerbreak, now that obviously doesnt work anymore nor does the petes root kit. Any ideas?

system version 4.5.604.MB809.ACG.en.US

android version 2.3.5

baseband version BP_C_02.12.00R

Kernel version 2.6.32.9-geadffa3
    mcbk83@il93lnxdroid08 #1

build number 4.5.1_57_MX2-34

any help will be greatly appreciated

JB

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Have you tried restoring the orginal loggwrapper file?

3. budracer1

budracer1 Newbie

I can't do that because I no longer have root access, I can see the files but read only, if I could somehow get rid of the superuser apk I think Pete's method would work but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I followed his instruction earlier today about going through command prompt but I'm really not that good with DOS and was unsuccessful once again.

I'm sure there is a solution, just like when on froyo and everyone else was using z4root and I had to use gingerbreak...just gotta figure out what the solution is lol

Thanks JB

4. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

5. budracer1

budracer1 Newbie

6. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Did you make sure your phone was in charge only mode with usb debugging turned on?

You might have to sbf your phone, update it, then try to root it. no promises but something may be messed up and an sbf is the only thing that will fix it.

7. budracer1

budracer1 Newbie

Charge only...check.......debugging on .....check....

SBF isn't really an option for me I don't think as the carrier I'm with has there own proprietary software and Verizon's will not work, been there done that, had to get phone reprogrammed and lost all warranty. I guess ill just wait for another solution...

JB

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews