1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting the Boostmobile zte warp 4g lte model N9510

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobclan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. thislady84

thislady84 Lurker

I have the warp 4g lte b12,4.4.2 and been reading into how to root this phone..but I'm scared lol anyone who has actually rooted this phone please pm me and help..I have never done it..so having someone I could email with questions would be awesome! I don't want to brick my phone..can't afford a new one right now. Thank you! Thank you!

2. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

The link to the only way to root is posted on the stock B12 thread toward the bottom. It has instructions included. This phone is difficult to brick and easy to fix when you do so don't worry too much ;)

3. Wolf_92

Wolf_92 Newbie

hey, im new to all this. i downloaded framaroot, installed, and opened it and its not doing anything when i click either exploit but giving me error msgs... help please....

4. brattskat

brattskat Lurker

Screenshot_2015-02-08-03-46-31.png this is a screenshot of my phone info I never rooted my phone. My problem now is from downloading a duplicate file remover and now I don't have use of my speaker (ppl cant hear me when on the ph) tried factory reset and its same.

5. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

Um the only thing that could root my boost zte warp 4g was kingroot

6. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

SuperR posted a 4.4.2 rooting method but that required a PC. If you had hit cancel on firmware update if/when you first booted the device (4.1.2) you could have gotten away with using Framaroot instead. Personally I'd install Philz Touch recovery and flash either SuperR's deodexed ROM or my JollyRoger4G ROM (both have SuperSu) to get rid of KingRoot.. We're finding out that KU doesn't work well with some APK's.

#181 bcrichster, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    dezzduce, devilschild26 and SuperR like this.
  7. devilschild26

devilschild26 Android Expert

Does this device update without data or phone has to be connected

8. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I'm actually unsure due to the fact my phone is always on as a daily driver..

9. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

10. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

My phone is 4.4.2 and framarrot wouldn't work with that. So i used king root to try and fix a error with my contacts missing for no reason i didnt delete any thing. And google was giving me issues so no sync back up. Any soultions with a rooted phone?

11. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Framaroot does not work with any KK 4.4.2 that we know of..
    Try looking in settins-apps and see if Contacts were accidentally disabled. You wouldn't need Root for that... Oh! Hey, install Philz Touch recovery and flash my KillerKobalt4G.zip. That'll not only reinstall Contacts, it'll give it a CyanogenMod look/skin to it.. The other options include flashing The whole ROM (either SuperR's unmodified, SuperR's deodexed or My JollyRoger4G) and starting from scratch.

12. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

Iv checked ever thing there is to check on the phone its self. No luck. Im kinda new to the whole flashing rom and messing with internal data. But long story short gapps and play store error pop ups. So i factory reset the gapps to see if that would help. All apps but the play store worked. Next day contacts are gone. And my google acount was all jacked up. No sync data there. Looked all over the net for contact issue no luck. And no pc to use ether. So i rooted hoping i could find an answer wich led me to this forum.

13. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Oh crap that sounds like a KR issue, really. You can safely flash virtually anything with Flashify.apk, even installing Philz Touch recovery.. Oh - play store is jacked too?! Hold on a sec. I'm gonna post a link for Flashify.apk (doesn't involve play store) after I upload. But in the meantime, download Philz Touch recovery and open zip/remove the .img.. Then my JollyRoger4G or SuperR's ROM cuz you're gonna need to reinstall a ROM to clear everything and fix the rest. I got u, bro.

That link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347764241

Edit: Flashify only allows you 3 flashes/day until you buy premium, so I advise learning to use Philz recovery. But Flashify should help with getting the recovery installed and getting you on your way to what you want/need

#188 bcrichster, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    dezzduce likes this.
  14. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

Will this help with the play store issue also. And im very greatfull.

15. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

absolutely. It's like a super factory reset that exchanges KR for SuperSu. Warp4G wasn't really supposed to get KK but it leaked and we locked it in before it got shut down completely. I had strange & very similar issues as well when Rooting with KingRoot. If you want Stock - go with SuperR's. If you want something different and overclock- go with my JollyRoger4G ROM.

16. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

#191 dezzduce, Jun 24, 2015
  17. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

18. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

No problem, bro. Glad to help. It's what we do, just hit Thanks in our OP's [emoji41]

19. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

So i insall flas app and use that for philz and im assuming that when ill use the rom. Like i said im just learning this so i dont want to make any wrong move's
    And what and where is OP so i can give u a big thanks

20. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

OP is "original post" (post #1), usually where you find ROM info, downloads, screenshots, ect. First make sure the ROM is on the external SD as recoveries can't read from internal SD's (phone) being as they tend to get wiped by installation of ROMs.
    Yes, use Flashify to install Philz recovery. Then boot to recovery by shutting phone off then holding both the volume down and power buttons until you see the green Android. When the recovery shows (pink screen), wipe data/factory reset then "yes I want to install a new ROM." Let it finish (occasionally takes a ridiculous amount of time. Like 5-10min) then select choose zip from external SD and scroll down to the ROM you want to install. Let it finish THEN hit "back" a cpl times until you see "reboot phone." Select that and let it boot. If you are installing my JollyRoger4G ROM then I'd recommend also installing KillerKobalt4G Theme on next boot. You can use Flashify for that to make it easier [use CWM selections instead of Philz for this (after you select the KillerKobalt4G.zip)], that way you won't have to wait a long time for installation and boot. If you're installing SuperR's deodexed or ROM, then KillerKobalt4G Theme is just an option. When all is said and done, reboot and go to settings-updates and update prl & profile. One last reboot and you're home free! Enjoy [emoji41]

#196 bcrichster, Jun 24, 2015
    dezzduce likes this.
  21. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

Well I cant seem to get recovery mode to come up any resone why that would be

22. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

And FTM mode is the only the only thing that will come up. And that's when I hold the vol up and power. Iv tried vol up+vol down+ power nothing but a black screen. Vol down+power nothing but black screen. Iv tried power+home button nothing powerd up like normal. So idk if kingroot is the problem or what but iv looked and looked and seen what should take me to recovery mode. But nothing. So if any body has any pointers that would be great.

Phone: Zte warp 4G N9510 with 4.4.2 KitKat.

23. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I think flashify has a reboot to recovery option. If not, try an app from the Play store that reboots to recovery such as this one (just an example, there are many).

bcrichster likes this.
  24. dezzduce

dezzduce Newbie

Thanks super. I have flash. So I'll double check that. But this whole issue with the phone started with the play store just my luck I guess.

ZTE Warp 4G Forum

The ZTE Warp 4G release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2070mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews