• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting the Cambridge Sciences M711 Tablet

Lubalin

May 16, 2012
Hello all,

I've already got a rooted Desire with a custom ROM and the whole shebang, but I've also picked up a (very cheap) Cambridge Sciences M711 Android Tablet running ICS (mostly for reading books/comics, watching the odd video, things that need a bigger screen than the desire).

I'd like to root it (with the intention of then overclocking slightly) and just wanted to check what the process would be, and if it would involve anything too different from rooting an android phone.

Thanks in advance.

hi

i know this is an old thread but i have got a M711 Tablet and have successfully rooted it, using a chinese program called ZhuoDashi although i am unable to install cwm or any sort of recovery and therefore unable to install a custom rom i hope this help anyone who is searching for answers regarding the Cambridge Sciences M711 Tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones