• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting the Metro 2.2 froyo update

Okay i found the partition on RootExplorer under CUST/METROPCS
However that folder and all the apps are Read only, it is the only folder that cannot be switched to Read n Write. Any Ideas?

Cust/metropcs/us/app then rw then select all and delete

Hope. That helps it worked for me

Upvote 0
[QeUOTE=dukefenix;2769905]Thanks man! However, when i get to that folder using RootExplorer, i do not see the option to RW.... am i missing something?[/QUOTE]

Top right hand corner of screen is where I found it did you change. It to rw in the main part of root explorer? Check than then look top right corner in each file in sequence. To the apps and let me know. What happens

Upvote 0
In root explorer hit Rw in the main menu and go to cust/metropcs/us/app hit Rw top right corner select all apps and delete!

the rest can be deleted by going into tibu hit problems to d/l busybox then backup and restore at the top then top right click to edit filters hit system (second row)
then apply in the top right you should be able to delete the last few remaining peices of crapware floating around on your phone

Upvote 0
last nite i got p'od at this update and tryed to restore 2.3.4 but now the data will not format it stops at datta no matter if im formatting or the phones restoring f'n metro
just Bl*w me and when i did Pg's .zip i came out of that fine except i got all my crapware back and a big ass headache from my wife telling me to sleep i know it works the mans on point all day but for me a swift kick in the paints is what i got

Upvote 0
ok thats a no go cwm is gone and power vol up end call brings me back to the update and installs it again

Glad you got it working, but it is vol down, end call, power to install CMW :)

last nite i got p'od at this update and tryed to restore 2.3.4 but now the data will not format it stops at datta no matter if im formatting or the phones restoring f'n metro
just Bl*w me and when i did Pg's .zip i came out of that fine except i got all my crapware back and a big ass headache from my wife telling me to sleep i know it works the mans on point all day but for me a swift kick in the paints is what i got

Oops, I guess I spoke too soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones