1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooting this phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greyishere, Aug 19, 2012.

1. greyishere

greyishere Newbie

Ok so basically I am self taught in rooting/modding/hacking etc.... but how do we root this phone Iam can get into fastboot and recovery and pdl mode no problem and drivers load up onb comp. Fine but can't get root any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

What steps have you taken??

3. greyishere

greyishere Newbie

Ok well you see I am not exactly to sure if I have made steps. I mean i have had a number of android phones and when it came time to rooting them or recovering them i had to do some of adb work. Usually flashing through fastboot. So the things I have done with this phone probably not something i should have done. Like flashing a clockword from a totally diff phone stuff like that. I tried Petes tools, superoneclick.

4. greyishere

greyishere Newbie

Just now noticing something have the phone connected as PC the phone drivers install correctly but when I try and go into the adb the phone is not found. But if I go into fastboot mode I can see the device there so whats the issue. Maybe Drivers?

5. ratso1

ratso1 Newbie

This topic has gotten little traction since greyishere's ponderings. Is there a clear step-by-step for this phone? Its a sweet little machine (free with a Verizon contract) with ICS, but more than a bit annoying without root access. I was able to get into a flash recovery but am at a loss where to go from there. Is there a zip file somewhere to install from the flash?

INFO:
    Model Number: ADR910L
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Kernel: 3.0.8 (p14993@BS100)
    Build: IML74K
    Hardware: REV_03

greyishere likes this.
  6. greyishere

greyishere Newbie

When you say that you were able to get into a Flash recovery what do you mean. Are you talking about tree stock recovery by holding volume up and power when you boot up the phone or something different. ?

7. terabyte128

terabyte128 Well-Known Member

(sorry for butting in) I believe that, since this is a new phone, you'd have to create your own recovery and rooting tools for it :)

8. ratso1

ratso1 Newbie

#greyishere: Yes, it was just the stock recovery. I tried to flash CWM to no avail.

#terabyte128: no problem butting in. I figured that would be the answer. I'm better than the average user (probably shouldn't have gone cheap for a noob phone) but not expert enough to make the root tools myself. I've always depended on the kindness of strangers . . . :)

I guess I'll just bookmark the forums and keep an eye out. Thanks.

9. greyishere

greyishere Newbie

I think we have to port it over ourselves I am trying to give devs for the breakout a system dump file of our phone so they can ics on theirs in exchange they will help get cwm ported to our phone help mke do that and will be that much further ahead.

10. Eviscerare

Eviscerare Lurker

Has anyone managed to do this by now? I'm savvy enough to follow instructions and even troubleshoot a little myself if i mess up but I definitely have no knowledge in creating my own ROMs and such.

11. Mhradsky

Mhradsky Lurker

I have yet to find a clockwork mod recovery for this phone. I have looked all over the Internet but haven't found anything. Has anyone found/built one yet that will work? My phone is rooted however I would like to put a different rom. Also, does anyone know if this phone will receive jelly bean update?

12. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

How did you root it? Details please!

13. Bestnugz

Bestnugz Newbie

Yes they just released the update not long ago.

Pantech Marauder Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews