1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting This Phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TransTronTra, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TransTronTra

TransTronTra Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2012
    OH
    Can somebody point me in a direction to a root guide for this phone. I found a bunch of older forums that shows how to do it but with them being older I don't want to follow threw and end up bricking my phone. I just picked it up today and needs to last the next few years.
    Here is some information on it.
    HTC EVO 4G LTE from Sprint
    Android version 4.0.3
    Software version: 1.22.651.3 710RD
    Hardware version: 0003
    My last phone I rooted and I loved it, just don't know which root method will work for my phone.

Thanks for your help :):):)

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yep you will need to use dirty racun from team unlimited to root your phone. the guide linked will get you rooted.

just an fyi it is recommended that you use ubuntu either full version or a live cd. just in case you end up in a qualcomm mode brick with a few commands you will be back up and running.

you can also unlock the the bootloader and then install a recovery as an alternative. but you will be limited in that you will not be able to update your phone's firmware. and though most roms have the s-on kernel installer you may need to fastboot command the boot.img which is where the kernel is.

now you may or may not know what i just said, but the guide linked earlier will explain things better. just keep in mind that s-on is easier to root but you will be limited in doing certain things. s-off is a tad harder in that you will need to get ubuntu setup first. but you can use a live cd where ubuntu will load up from a cd rather then installing it on a pc. but once you have s-off everything is much easier and you have full freedom on your phone.

my recommendation is read, read, and then read some more. also if you have any questions please feel free to ask here.

good luck;):)

EarlyMon, Rxpert83, argedion and 3 others like this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Trust me your in better hands than allstate :D