• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting through OCLF

The most simplest way to root your Android device is by downloading a App from the market, just type in One Click Lag Fix in the search box and it will show up.

Once you install this app, just go to your app menu and click on it. In it, it will give you series of options to choose, first, click 'root device/phone' after it does that, reboot your phone and hold the power button and the volume buttons at the same time when you turn it back on. When you see the menu where you are in download mode, use the volume button to select download packets. Once that is done, then your phone is rooted. After your phone is booted up and ready to go, go back to OCLF and click on 2.0+ lag fix, this will put your phone on plane mode and will take a while to finish. Once it does finish, it will reboot and turn back on (By itself, I believe) once you get to the Galaxy S logo (Before your phone is booted up and on it's UI) it will take a while, so DO NOT PANIC! It takes about 2 to 3 minutes for it to load up. After that, you're set and you may do what you wish to do!

NOW ENJOY!

:'D

Note: You must have a high end phone for this and it must be running Eclair for you to install this.

Rooting using oclf only works on eclair.

And even then it can fail as it did with mine yesterday.

Seems thats where the support stops as well, I guess you get what you pay for.....................

Result for me is one bricked phone that will not boot up and that I cannot reset and cannot flash even.....:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway it will stop some paper blowing away....... :mad::mad:

Upvote 0
And even then it can fail as it did with mine yesterday.

Seems thats where the support stops as well, I guess you get what you pay for.....................

Result for me is one bricked phone that will not boot up and that I cannot reset and cannot flash even.....:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway it will stop some paper blowing away....... :mad::mad:
I was totally unaware of this, I am very very sorry that this has happened to your phone.

What kind of android phone did you have?

Upvote 0
I was totally unaware of this, I am very very sorry that this has happened to your phone.

What kind of android phone did you have?

Galaxy S about a month old.

I get the splash screen and even after twenty minutes just a black screen, if I click any buttons I get the two glowing buttons at the bottom and that is it, I cannot use the two button or three button start to get into recovery mode, nothing at all. :mad::(:thinking::eek:

Upvote 0
Galaxy S about a month old.

I get the splash screen and even after twenty minutes just a black screen, if I click any buttons I get the two glowing buttons at the bottom and that is it, I cannot use the two button or three button start to get into recovery mode, nothing at all. :mad::(:thinking::eek:
Weird, because all Galaxy S phones are wired the same way

I don't understand how this happened to yours, I take it you have the i9000?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones