• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting To Get Rid of UK Emergency Alerts ?

You should be able to turn them off in your phone or tablet's message settings. No rooting required.

Screenshot_20230204_193453_Wireless emergency alerts.jpg

If they're toggled to OFF, then no wireless emergency alerts will be received, like AMBER, Extreme, Severe, etc.

FYI: Wireless emergency alerts are issued by local authorities, law enforcement, etc. are distributed by the carriers, and nothing to do with Google.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers .... what I am looking for is a way to have an OS that does not have the option to turn on or off the alerts ... simply that they are not possible.
Is that possible ?
Is there a developer that has created an OS without this functionality ?
I am thinking of getting a new phone so would buy one which is compatible without any new OS.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Cheers .... what I am looking for is a way to have an OS that does not have the option to turn on or off the alerts ... simply that they are not possible.
Is that possible ?
Is there a developer that has created an OS without this functionality ?
I am thinking of getting a new phone so would buy one which is compatible without any new OS.
Thanks
nope not possible. whatever phone you get, you will have to root it. do your research first before you buy a new phone. like i said earlier not all phones are rootable.

not all phones have a development community. developers are the ones who know how to root phones. they also make custom roms(custom operating systems) as well as a custom recovery(mostly TWRP).

head on over here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/

xda is where most developers hangout. pick a phone and see if there is forum for it. if there is one then check to see if the forum is active or not. if there is no forum, then your phone does not have a dev community to support the phone.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones