1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting wife's phone, best battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iMethod, Sep 4, 2011.

1. iMethod

iMethod Member

My wife really likes just the stock evo but she wants the best battery life she can get, i dont mind flashing a rom thats not stock but i would like a similar rom but with the best battery life.

Whats the best setup for that?

Rom?
    Kernel?
    Scripts?

I want to get her atleast 18 hour battery life.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

I did the same thing for my wife.
    Currently I have her running on....
    Mik3D B1
    More Freedom 0.8.5
    The latest 08.08 radios
    SetCPU 1152/256

She gets a full day out of each charge 8am to midnight. She typically has moderate to light usage. Stock battery.

iMethod likes this.
  3. iMethod

iMethod Member

Ill definitley try that out thanks! , ive also heard that cm7 setup right can give extremely good battery life is this legit?

4. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

Yes but when you remove the pretty stuff from your wife's phone you will be waking up the next day with it shoved up your A**. Just stick with sense bro.

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

rotf

6. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

i got 2 full days without charging running CM7 and a tiamat kernel.....light to moderate usage....but i think lubberlick is right and im using is words here, if the (BLING BLING) is gone then your A** is grass lol....all i see is you trying to fix problem and making it worse by taking sense away and you might not like the outcome of that decisions haha....good luck bro :D

7. Krubag

Krubag Well-Known Member

what option are you guys using with cm7 for the v6 supercharger just curious i want the best battery

thanks

8. DaRayvn

i was on 8....although i dont think you really need to run the script with it cuz its super fast as is....but i was running it when i went almost 2 full days without charging...

also was running Tiamat v4.0.6-sbc and Tiamat v3.3.7-sbc kernels and both were giving me good battery life

9. Krubag

Krubag Well-Known Member

Don't sbc mess up your batterys ?

10. DaRayvn

well supposedly, over time it will degrade your battery's life span, and im sure it will be over a long period of time...although i've never seen a lifespan stated, i cant imagine that you'd have to buy a new battery every month or two... but batterys dont cost that much to replace....sbc kernels charge your battery to its FULL 100%....like if your using a regular kernel your green led will come on when it says you have 100% charge, which is not true...you only have like a 90% charge, thats why your battery drops so fast in the first 10%...with an sbc kernel, you'll notice when your charging it, that when it hits 90% your green led will come on but it will charge another 10% give you the full 100% charge your battery is capable of....

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Another cool thing about CM7 with tiamat sbc kernel, you have no need to have or install setcpu to have underclocked, battery saving profiles.

It comes setup with what is called a smart ass governor that mimics that feature. it is in Cm settings under 'performance' where you can tweak it a bit.

Adds to the battery life as well.

12. iMethod

iMethod Member

Ha this is true thats why i want to stick with sense.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews