1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root rooting with hboot 0.92

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ducky1979, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

Hi everyone, I'm new to the world of rooting and am just wanting to get some help, I've read the one click method which sounds pretty straight forward and also the app2sd method and I am quite confident in that I can do it. My only concern is that 1) I'm on a Vodafone handset, does this make any difference? 2) my hboot is 0.92, can I still use the 1 click method or would I have to downgrade? 3) when you use Rom manager to install a new Rom do all the settings stay the same or do you have to redo everything? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Advertisement

2. kewlbuddy

kewlbuddy Android Enthusiast

1)dont think so
    3)better do it in recovery than rom manager

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

The hboot version is nothing to do with anything. The only thing you need to know is the pvt version. Please read the rooting faq

4. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

Thanks for the quick reply guys, ill post the specs of my desire later and maybe you can tell me if rooting is safe for me! Still mega nervous of the prospect though. Lol, can any of you guys point me in the direction of making a gold card please, I'm on my phone with a limited data so can't afford to go trawling through posts. Cheers.

5. SUroot

http://sites.google.com/site/roothtchero/goldcard-2

6. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

Cheers SUroot, heres my specs-
    Bravo pvt3 ship s-on
    Hboot- 0.93.0001
    Microp- 05id
    Touch panel- synt0101
    Radio- 5.11.05.27

Android version 2.2
    Baseband 32.49.0032u.5.11.05.27
    Kernel 2.6.32.15-g2633d94
    HTC kernel@and 18-2 #1
    Build number 2.33.161.2 cl284385 release keys
    Software number 2.33.161.2

Does this look like a root is possible?

7. SUroot

It's possible on all. There's the odd dodgy one that has something odd and sometimes a new version that requires a change in procedures, but this should be fine

ducky1979 likes this.
  8. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

Cheers, what does the s-on mean as I have read it needs to be off after rooting? Also would I need to flash the radio? And last thing now (well until I get to the rooting part.) Ice read your guides in-depth but I still don't fully understand the need for a gold card, can the SD still be used as an SD card after making it a gold card or do I need to find an old one I don't really need anymore? Thanks once again. I'm looking forward to doing it soon. Can you recommend a good Rom that has the sense and app2sd built in?

9. SUroot

Most of this is addressed in the faq. You don't need s-off and any card can be golden and will still operate as an sd

Tags: