• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting with hboot 0.92

ducky1979

Android Expert
Dec 16, 2010
Buxton, Derbyshire
Hi everyone, I'm new to the world of rooting and am just wanting to get some help, I've read the one click method which sounds pretty straight forward and also the app2sd method and I am quite confident in that I can do it. My only concern is that 1) I'm on a Vodafone handset, does this make any difference? 2) my hboot is 0.92, can I still use the 1 click method or would I have to downgrade? 3) when you use Rom manager to install a new Rom do all the settings stay the same or do you have to redo everything? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Cheers, what does the s-on mean as I have read it needs to be off after rooting? Also would I need to flash the radio? And last thing now (well until I get to the rooting part.) Ice read your guides in-depth but I still don't fully understand the need for a gold card, can the SD still be used as an SD card after making it a gold card or do I need to find an old one I don't really need anymore? Thanks once again. I'm looking forward to doing it soon. Can you recommend a good Rom that has the sense and app2sd built in?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones