1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooting with locked carrier

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinci, Dec 22, 2013.

1. vinci

vinci Newbie

Is there a problem if I root my phone while having it locked on Vodafone?
    I began reading on a site about rooting this particular phone and it said that one of the prerequisites was not to have the phone locked on a certain carrier.
    Could that really affect the process of rooting?

And while we're at it, could you recommend me a site where I can get good instructions regarding rooting and/or installing a new costum os?

Thanks

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Since rooting is the operating system, not the phone, I can't see that there's any connection there. The phone will reject any non-Vodaphone SIM. That has nothing to do with whether you can be given root status on the OS. Rooting is basically just installing a program known as su (which you can't do unless you can already get root status, which is why you can't just install a "root app"), and an app that allows the user to say yes or no when an app asks for root.

But don't take my word as a guarantee - Samsung's been doing strange things recently.

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Moved to the root forum for better visibility.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, NovaThor U8420 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews