1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting with no cable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by josh704, May 6, 2012.

1. josh704

josh704 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    I have read through and not found anything related to this issue... or maybe I'm blind IDK. I have rooted other phones before but I've never had this issue. I can't use a usb cable with my phone, the port is effed. Me and my gf had Dinc2's and I whipped mine at a wall one day while angered so I got her a new phone and took hers. After I took her phone from her the usb port stopped working, I use my broken phone to charge, but don't have usb access anymore. I've been looking for the past 6 hours trying to find a way to root without usb access and came across an app called z4root... It doesn't appear that it works with the DINC2, as it just sits there. Is there a similar app or a way that I can root this without having the cable or usb access? There has to be some sort of way you would assume. It has android 2.3.4 stock as I didn't have the opportunity to root it before my fit of anger and the phone swap. My other option would be to swap out the internals on the phones if anyone has instructions on that if it is simple enough?

Advertisement

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

3. josh704

josh704 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hey thanks, in the process of doing this... Only torx wrench sold in my town and it managed to remove every screw but the one it stripped so I have to go out of town tomorrow to find the right size and hope it can get the last screw out... but seems plausible that it will work.

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Oh no! All but one screw. At least you'll have the right screw driver to put it back together.

5. josh704

josh704 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Yeah it kind of fit in the rest of the holes enough to get them out where one would think they would all come out... then I went to every hardware store in this town every computer store etc...no one sells a t5 or even had one I could use rofl I even posted on CL ... going out of town tomorrow and I'll be returning with one... swap the boards out and be back after root to thank you hopefully

6. initial_V

initial_V Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Guam
  7. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis

I would rather: