• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting, with no computer

MegaScooter

Jan 23, 2013
Hello, I need to know how to root my HTC Inspire. It would be nice to root my device because, I would like to take advatage of some of the applications that requires rooting. I would also like to attempt to put Ice cream sandwich as an operating system for my phone. Is there any links that you could supply me with to download apps that's can do this with? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. c:

Scotty.

Hello, I need to know how to root my HTC Inspire. It would be nice to root my device because, I would like to take advatage of some of the applications that requires rooting. I would also like to attempt to put Ice cream sandwich as an operating system for my phone. Is there any links that you could supply me with to download apps that's can do this with? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. c:

Scotty.
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the inspire root section where folks who have your device can help you out.

not sure exactly on the root process, but i believe you will need a computer to gain root. but hopefully folks here can verify this.

Upvote 0
The only way to root without a PC is to use an xtc clip,wich uses a small device to emulate an engineering sim card so a factory DIAG file can be used to turn off securities(s-off,simlock,CID). I've actually used one to root a couple of thunderbolts while eating wings at frickers ;)

You can purchase a clip on eBay,amongst other places,or search local craiglists and phone shops,its common for cell unlockers to have them since it works on a variety of htc devices.

Once the clip is used to achieve s-off,its a simple matter to load a recovery from the sd card in hboot,and then flash superuser in recovery.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones