• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Without Access to Android

HTC One M8
Not sure which to post, there is MEID Hex, SN, MB, and MEID Dec
Top part
***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
A11_CHL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.46.40.0721
OpenDSP-v28.2.2.00546.0331
OS-1.42.652.1
eMMC-boot 1024MB

That and when i try to go into recovery, after putting a custom one on, it loads, then flashes something about dev build on the bottom, then goes back to fastboot screen

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I am also trying to install twrp, but all files are corrupted, EVERY file i download

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS
Vinyl Scratch ! :thumbsupdroid:

I'd recommend also posting in our HTC ONE M8 Root section as well,as those more in-tune with the device are probably subscribed to that forum & will be alerted when you post/start a new thread:

http://androidforums.com/forums/root-htc-one-m8.2602/

It's been a long while since I've had this phone,otherwise,I'd offer some help,but,feel too rusty in the HTC dev steps to offer guidance,don't wanna make things worse.

However,I STRONGLY recommend going S-OFF,in short,it makes life a lot easier when rooting/ROMming HTC devices,a lot easier to fix in the event things go south..............

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
well one problem, bootloaders locked, cant unlock because when i try, it cant get to recovery... it wont boot, it goes straight to fastboot....

Generally, you don't need recovery to unlock the bootloader. You need fastboot mode. Have you set up fastboot to work on your PC? When you connect the device to your PC, does it show FASTBOOT USB?

To unlock the bootloader on an HTC device you usually need to use HTCDev and get a bootloader unlock code by running the command: oem get_identifier_token

Then submit that code to HTC and they will send you an unlock token. Place that in your fastboot directory and then use command: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Where exactly are you stuck?? Are you logged into the HTCdev website and following the unlock instructions for the M8?

Edit: according to the information you posted above your bootloader is already unlocked??

Reactions: Mikestony and KOLIO
Upvote 0
So, maybe you will have some luck installing a stock update??

Go here: http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html#sprint

I'm not sure if you have Sprint, VM or Boost... You'll have to download the correct one for your device.

Also, it looks as if there is an RUU for your device here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/general/ruu-1-47-652-1-htc-desire-510-sprint-t3049433

It's for a later firmware version than what you are on so that is good, as an earlier firmware version would probably fail security checks.

Just be double sure any files you use are specifically for your device. I don't have this device and am only doing my best to find files based off of the information provided in this thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones