1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting worries

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by realSweeNey, Oct 3, 2011.

1. realSweeNey

realSweeNey Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Ok, so I'm new here and have done some reading on rooting. Now I'm no technospaz and think I can do it but I only need to root so that I can use Market Enabler app.

As I'm travelling round Southeast Asia I can't get the Kindle for Android app nor can I log in and use my Spotify account, had no troubles with this until a recent update required me to log in again and I was notified I was attempting to log in from a different country although in the last three countries I've been able to add tracks to my offline playlists.

I'm unsure as to what will happen when I preform the root I do not wish to change the ROM just yet just be able to use this Market Enabler.

Cheers for any help or advice offered

Advertisement

2. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    DON'T USE ROM MANAGER!

Rooting does not change your ROM. If you are on Froyo 2.2, you will have a new app called superuser in your app drawer and a new custom recovery (make sure you use only one of the two recommended here: CWM 2.5.0.7 or AmonRa 2.0.1, depending on choice and phone model) as an end result of your rooting with unrevoked3.

Plus the heady feeling of freedom gained!!!!

If you are on 2.3 Gingerbread, you use the revolutionary method and rain S-Off, wich will enable you to flash the SuperUser app and the above mentioned custom recoveries. The ROM will stay unaffected other than this.

Good luck!

Tags: