• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting your Sidekick 4G

Alright guys since there aren't too many supporters of the Sidekick 4G on this website, and after my girlfriend got one, I understand why.... I did some research into rooting the Sidekick 4G and installing custom ROMs and such I finally found the program to gain root access. Drumroll please....... SuperOneClick appears to be the winner here. I haven't tried it personally yet as the link in XDA to OneClick's dev site, shortfuse.org , leads you to some thread in which the dev just basically repeats how he has gotten his program to work and members replies to the contrary. Anyways the download link for the newest version of OneClick will not install on my computer. Until I solve this little issue, I can't test it. So there is a starting point for anyone that was curious, although it doesn't appear that there are too many SK4G users on here who care about rooting or customizing. So if you do, there ya go :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones