1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by blasteryui, Jul 30, 2010.

1. blasteryui

blasteryui Active Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Ugh.. I am so confused. This is much harder then jailbreaking ( left apple yesterday and got this phone ). Anyways.. I don't know what Im doing wrong. I'm at the adb part.. I downloaded JD6 installed it. I downloaded the files, extracted it to the folder "Android" on my C drive.. I then went into the path and edited, which I believe I did correct, mine says
    "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\S ystem32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShe ll\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;c:\Android\android-sdk_r3-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools\" Is it soppose to say that? Anyways, I go into CMD, and I check and it says "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
    So what am I doing wrong, what exactly do I need to do, did I not install SDK properly? I don't even know if I did install it, I just extracted it to the folder like it said.

Advertisement

2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    change the directories on your command prompt.......
    you can type cd \ to get to C:\>
    then type cd Android\android-sdk_r3-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools then your command prompt will say

C:\
    Android\android-sdk_r3-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>

you can type adb commands from here