1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lauriaj23, Feb 15, 2011.

1. lauriaj23

lauriaj23 Lurker

How often does a phone brick when rooted? and is there any other option besides rooting it to get rid of the preloaded apps?

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Before i rooted i thought it was a little scary and you can brick your phone however ive played with mine alot and have never had an issue i couldnt fix and that was doing much more than deleting bloatware. Its hard to break something you cant repair as long as you are careful and dont do anything you dont understand what youre changing. In short its NOT easy to brick as long as you arent careless and there is alot to gain.

lauriaj23 likes this.
  3. dautley

dautley Android Expert

As often as a user bricks it. Rooting doesn't brick phones, users not following instructions exactly do.

lauriaj23 and k.c.cole like this.
  4. lauriaj23

lauriaj23 Lurker

so if i wanted to root my phone to delete the preloaded apps and then unroot it will they still be gone?

5. KingOfGreen

Yupp, you could use super one click to root it and delete the bloatware and unroot it. *im pretty sure. Dont exactly know how to unroot. I dont know if it would effect future ota updates but if you already have froyo then i wouldnt think it would matter cuz i doubt theyll release anything further.

6. dautley

dautley Android Expert

The only problem with deleting the preloaded apps is if there is another update you may not be able to get it untill you flash your phone back to stock after you delete them. If your going to root your phone you should keep it rooted so you have amon ra recovery and a good nandroid backup.

7. lauriaj23

lauriaj23 Lurker

is there a website or link to an easy root?

8. KingOfGreen

Super one click (SOC) would be an "easy" way to root. And if you dont want it permanent i would suggest this. However trident posted a guide to get 2.2 with root and custom recovery thats a little technical but would be much better. You couldnt imagine how much you can improve your little ally with a custom rom. Go to the all things root forum and look around read some of the threads there. There are some on SOC and everything else you could want to know about rooting.

Ally All Things Root - Guides on how to root and everything you would want/need to know
    http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/
    Quadrant Scores (shows the drastic performance improvements possible)
    http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/216189-ally-quadrant-scores.html
    The Custom ROM im using there are others
    http://androidforums.com/trident/27...ly-android-2-2-1-froyo-super-fast-stable.html

Tags: