• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hi i recently rooted at 1.5. im wondering if its necessary to root at another version or not like 1.6 or 2.2? unless im unrooted, i can ignore the fact that i have 1.5 or does this give me access to install any ROM? please let me know. thank you!

If you are fully rooted and are running a recovery program (Amon-ra, or Clockwork) then you have the option to load almost any rom ported for the MyT3g and 1.2.

HTC Sapphire: myTouch 3G, Magic - xda-developers

This is a great place to go and learn more about everything android and DL roms for use.

Upvote 0
thanks raven,

i believe im fully rooted...is there a way i can test this? i have the superuser icon (if that means anything for root) i can also get the rom manager, i think that will install the clockwork recovery as well. can you take a look at my information on the phone and determine if its possible to get any rom or if its necessary to update to 1.6 or higher? thank you so much!

Network: Tmobile
Signal Strength: -85dBm 14asu
Mobile network: EDGE
IMEI: should i list this?....
IMEI sv: 02
Wifi MAC address: Unvailable
Model # Tmo G1 (shouldnt this be mytouch 3g??? i called Tmo they said its like that on 1.5 cupcake?)
Firmware ver. 1.5
Baseband version: is this necessary to list?
Kernel ver.: 2.6.27-00393-g6607056 san@sandroid#1
Build #: CRB43

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones