• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jagon

Jun 21, 2011
Hi, I have a Metro Huawei Ascend, I tried rooting it with the Z4root app, because I want to get rid of the pointless Metro apps ESPECIALLY the one that sends me the ads, my problem is, when I open the app I push on permanent root, it tells me a few things, then the last thing I see is "Acquiring root shell" it says that and then BAM all of a sudden i'm at the home screen as if I pushed the end button, when I try reopening the app the phone tells me that Z4Root isn't responding and I have to force close it. I really wanna root this phone, if anyone can help out i'll really appreciate, thanks.

I had a hard time rooting my phone too.. I tried countless of things such as.. :thinking:

Z4root
Universal Androot :rolleyes:
SuperoneClick

All of those never worked, so if someone says it does they are wrong, not all Android devices support those root Apps..

The one that stuck out the most was Gingerbreak v1.2 it works great and did what it said it would.. So I advise you to go with Gingerbreak if you have upgraded your phone from a 2.1 (Eclair) to a 2.2 (Froyo) trust me it will be easier, and btw all my apps are still there so there was no need to re-install them at all. Hope this helps.. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones